- I was trying to make a cake the other day using a two ingredient recipe I found on Pinterest while waiting for a coat of paint to dry in the garage. Discovered that I had no can opener (Scott must have taken it when he moved out – I think it was his), but assuming I had it, had already emptied the first of the two ingredients into a bowl. Stuck with a spice cake mixture and no other ingredients to make the cake the old fashioned way, I tried to open the can with a power tool (with a blade made for soft metal). OCD won out and stopped because I realized I was terrified of having anything from my garage actually touch my food. I still have all my fingers despite the few minutes of sheer lunacy that made me think this was a good idea (so don’t try this at your own home if you prefer not to earn nicknames like “Nubs McMoron”).
- Upon looking for said can opener, realized that I had a tape measure in my silverware drawer.
- Upon looking for tin foil to cover the bowl and take it to my parents house where they have a can opener, realized that I had sandpaper in the drawer where I keep foil and plastic wrap. Plastic wrap was missing.
- Plastic wrap was upstairs in the master bathroom from its last use of covering a wet paint brush. Which is now dry and rock solid. I’m glad I don’t spend more than $5 on these brushes and that I buy them in bulk to account for my well-intentioned but poorly executed plan at saving myself extra effort.
- Nine out of ten of my fingernails have bright white tips. I don’t know if this is by luck, if I just have caulk underneath them, or if it’s because the tenth is stained from multiple run-ins with the nozzle of spray paint, and they just look phenomenal by comparison.
- On most days, I have paint somewhere on my skin that didn’t wash out from the shower the day before. Today it happens to be a birthmark-like shape on my left forearm from brushing up against one of the fake candy gumdrops I was painting in the garage. I’m just thankful it’s not splinters.
- I’m glad it’s winter, because that means I can wear tights over my legs for work and hide random bruises on my shins.
- I have two constant lists in my phone now: Groceries and Hardware Store.
- I am still so very, very thankful that I have a hobby I feel so passionate about that I let it turn my brain into mashed potatoes.
Did you enjoy this post? Please subscribe to get the latest updates delivered to your reader or inbox for free!