A Futzing Find

My drill crapped out on me last night.  And don’t you think it’s perfect timing considering the project I decided to take on this week?

And instead of immediately going to the store to buy a new one, I futzed around Target’s clearance aisle after work yesterday.  Because if there’s one thing I’m good at, I’m brilliant at wasting time.  Gold medal in the Procrastinator Olympics over here.  But I’m glad I did, because I found several of these:

Technically, they are wire bowls.  I’m holding it upside down from the bottom in this photo.  But I have big, gold, light fixture-y plans for them to match the gold leaf map in the study-o.  And they were on clearance for less than $12 apiece, so I’ll be saving myself a lot of dough with this DIY project compared to most of the ones I’ve been drooling over.

So tonight, I guess I’ll need to go buy myself a new drill if I hope to finish off the project that I need to complete by next week.  If you care to weigh in, I’m getting opinions over on my Facebook page of what brand to go with this time around.

How about you?  Has anything broken on you lately?  I’m sure I’m not the only procrastinator out there.  Have you been delaying any projects even though you know you have to get them done soon?  How is everyone coming with the fall Pinterest Challenge?  I can’t wait to see what you’ve come up with!

Sarah

Comments

Oh I can't wait to see what you do with these! I have picked them up multiple times and held them upside down trying to work a lighting design out in my head!! I'm glad to see I'm not the only one!

• says

I actually snapped this photo a few days ago when I bought new pillows (haven't shown those yet but will soon). I had the idea rumbling around in my head for another day and a half before I went back and snatched up all of the ones they still had left on the shelf. So glad I did!

Those bowls are awesome. Can't wait to see what you turn it into!

I'm still being indecisive about my Pinterest challenge project. I think I have all the supplies for both projects I'm considering at the moment, so maybe I'll attempt to tackle both this weekend. (This might be a really bad idea!)

Sarah

Nothing has broken, but my staple gun is AWOL. Mr T says he took it to the range the last time he went shooting …. I swear if he left it there I will probably kick him.

I love this idea! It's going to make a GREAT light fixture! Can't wait to see it!

I'm trying to decide what to do for the Pinterest challenge still… hoping I can figure that out soon.

Hmm, yes, I think I am up there with you as far as being an Olympian in procrastination. Target is probably the best way to waste an hour. I really like the idea of turning those bowls into light fixtures! Good find! :o)

Love this idea. I am in the progress of replacing every single dated light fixtures in my house as cheaply as possible. Can't wait to see this completed!