“I hate free stuff!” — said no one, ever.
Interested in reaching the UDH audience with a sponsored giveaway of your product? Here are all the details you should know:
Giveaways are a great way to advertise a product or service on my blog!
Readers love to hear about innovation in the DIY and home design world, and giveaways can bring a lot of brand awareness to my home-improvement-obsessed readership. And because giveaway posts have a simple structure, they are a great way for your product or service to be mentioned in a blog post without a larger brand/project collaboration, making this the best option for brands on a limited budget! Here are a few examples of brands who have sponsored a giveaway on my site:
Please note: giveaways of this type are not personally reviewed/photographed/installed by me in addition to the giveaway. If you are looking to sponsor a more in-depth post in which I try out a product myself, install it in my home, etc., and also host a giveaway in the same post, please contact me via email (email@example.com) about custom pricing.
- Prize value must be $100 or more.
- Items included in the giveaway must be for a product or service relevant to the typical content of this blog (home decor, tools, pets = yes, boxer briefs = no)
- You must be able to ship the prize to the winner (I don’t handle shipment or prizes directly). If it is a service, you will need to provide the winner with a means to redeem.
- Product/service must be available to the majority of my site visitors (U.S.). It’s ok if it’s continental U.S. only, but all 50 states or worldwide is preferred.
- Payment must be confirmed before the post goes live.
Giveaway Post Rules & Promotion Details
- Each post has an introduction, a small number of pictures (provided by you), and a brief blurb about the prize along with rules for entry.
- To enter, I ask readers to simply leave a comment based on a funny/interesting question, usually related to the topic (if it’s an outdoor item, I ask about outdoor projects, etc.). Giveaways typically get LOTS of entries, so I like to keep it entertaining for all involved!
- Sorry, no additional entries are offered for FB likes, following your social channels, using special hashtags, etc. (Let’s K.I.S.S.)
- Giveaways typically run for one week and are shared across my social media accounts several times (Facebook/Twitter/Instagram/etc.).
- I use Rafflecopter for entries — winner(s) chosen at random.
- Once the winner(s) is(are) chosen, winners will receive a notification via email. This will also be the handoff that will introduce you as the person to contact for redeeming the prize (you’ll get cc’d and take it from there). From this point forward, please let the winner(s) know any/all the info you need to ship/etc.
How to Sponsor a Giveaway – it’s Easy!
Giveaways are a form of advertising — thus, I charge fees to feature these products and services on the site. You’re just a few simple steps away from completing your request!
- Click HERE to reserve a Giveaway Post spot.
- Fill out the “Additional Details” area with the required info mentioned. Please note that not filling out this area with sufficient details will delay your request. I need these details in order to look over your info and make sure it pairs well with the blog’s audience (because the better it matches the blog’s content, the more attention readers will pay to the prize and your brand’s products!).
- Once approved, apply payment. Payment is required before the post is written.
- Once payment is confirmed, a date is set for your giveaway, and I take it from there until a winner is chosen!
Thanks for reading!