I’ve found the perfect little table to go in the entryway. But at $99.99, I think this little fella is a bit too much for 4 legs and two pieces of wood. It’s kind of like a grown-up version of the dog dish stand that Scott and I put together last week for Colby.
There’s no way I’m forking over that much moolah for such a simply constructed table. Made of MDF and veneer, no less. And while the dog dish stand didn’t go quite as perfectly as we planned, I think it was a great trial run for what I didn’t realize would be our next project (funny how it happens that way, eh?).
So, the plan is:
- Wing it. Use just the basic dimensions to build a table. This one is 31.5″ x 30″ x 11″.
- Save myself a little dough by making it myself out of wood – customized to fit our entryway (bonus!)
- Fill in any nail holes with wood filler
- Give myself an obligatory pat on the back for doing it DIY style
- Paint it a bright, fun color for some extra pop
- Possibly stencil the top??? I have a different idea than what you might think (hint: no birds, trellis patterns, or branch and leaf combos)
What color would you paint it? I’m going to keep the color I’ve chosen a secret until the big reveal, but I’m excited to see how many of you come up with the same one.