Ok, this may be more of a necessity than fun to read, but you know I’ve gotta do it:
Disclaimer, Privacy, Terms
- The Ugly Duckling House is created and written solely by Sarah Fogle, a first-time homeowner and student of DIY home improvement. I’m no expert – just a person enjoying the learning process and sharing it along the way.
- This site does not sell or share your email address or any other contact info to outside companies (unless you’re the winner of a giveaway and they need your address to ship your prize, for which I will first ask you to share this info).
- I love and appreciate the time my readers take to comment on one of my posts. Most of the time, you will see your comment published the same day, but Anonymous comments are more heavily filtered. As the sole moderator for this site, any comments that I deem spammy, hurtful, or otherwise unwelcome to the content of this site will be deleted at my discretion. We play by the Golden Rule around here, so if you don’t have anything nice to say, maybe you should shut yer trap. Mmkay?
- The various home improvement & decorating suggestions and tutorials on The Ugly Duckling House are not error proof. They usually include a tip or two about the mistakes I made along the way. Safety should always be your #1 priority, so please take extra precautions and do the proper research before starting any project on your own. Checking with your local utility authorities, homeowner’s association rules, etc. is always advised and The Ugly Duckling House (and it’s writer) cannot be held responsible for your personal safety or the outcome of your home improvement undertakings. If you’re injured attempting something you’ve seen on this site, or if a project doesn’t yield the results that you expected after following my tutorials, The Ugly Duckling House is in no way liable.
- The Ugly Duckling House reserves the right to move, replace, or delete images or content without prior disclosure.
- The opinions and statements found on this site are 100% mine, which may not always be full of sunshine and rainbows, but they are never intended to offend or attack any group or individual. I like to joke around as much as the next person, but comments on this site or any of my social media accounts will be deleted.
- All photos that aren’t taken by The Ugly Duckling House are credited and linked to an outside source. They are are believed to be in public domain and readily available on the internet (published according to the U.S. Copyright Fair Use Act, title 17, U.S. Code).
- Photos not credited to an outside source have been taken by The Ugly Duckling House and are protected. Failure to link back and credit this site as their source constitutes a copyright violation. I don’t hate photo sharing though, so sharing one image per post from The Ugly Duckling House (as long as they’re credited and accompanied by a link back to this site) is fine by me!
- Occasionally, I will post content from other blogs or readers that have provided me with images or text. By sending me this information, you are granting The Ugly Duckling House permission to use it.
- Duplicating text written for The Ugly Duckling House hurts my Google page rankings because it’s considered to be repeat content. Please paraphrase or link to this site’s content as opposed to hitting your Ctrl+V.
- The design and layout of The Ugly Duckling House is created by my own time, effort, and exhaustive learning of code. Copying or mimicking its appearance (ie: the logo, tagline, etc.) is strictly prohibited. And rude.
- In the interest of full honesty and transparency, any free stuff that I recieve, products or services provided at a discounted rate, or giveaways that I host are fully disclosed. I have a personal interest in the integrity of this site, so I make every effort to disclose free product or sponsorship so that you always know that the review or opinion provided is 100% mine, both positive and negative.
- In the same regard as the bullet point above, I link to online sources when sharing inspiration images or what I shop for (such as on my Saturday on Six posts). These sources will often contain affiliate links, which means that purchases made from these links earn me a small commission. Please note, however, that the items are picked based on my own personal tastes.
- In selecting sponsorship, I try to select only those related to the content that you’ll find on this site and that which will appeal to my readers (i.e. home improvement, crafting, etc). However, I have no way of pre-screening each item that you may discover through this site. Purchases made through these linked affiliates must be handled between you and that vendor or company.
- I do not actually give away anything or mail prizes out for giveaways. I got tired of the Telephone Game when I was six, so I let the company who sponsors the giveaway be responsible for that. Therefore, when you win a giveaway, I provide the sponsoring company with your contact information, and the two of you handle the claiming of your prize from there. I cannot be held liable for any prize not received since I am not directly involved with shipment or delivery. Any issues involving the shipment, delivery, receipt, (or quantity, quality, etc.) of a prize must be taken up with the company who sponsored the giveaway directly.
- This blog is a personal blog written and edited by Sarah Fogle. For questions about this blog, please contact Sarah@ UglyDucklingHouse (dot) com.
- This blog accepts forms of cash, sponsorship, products, or forms of service. Payments are accepted for the efforts of writing, photography, supplies, and time to create and edit content.
- The compensation received will never influence the content, topics or opinions made in this blog. Sidebar advertising is in the form of advertisements generated by a third party ad network.
- The owner of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics in individual articles. If such a sponsorship or compensation is received, it is disclosed as such within the article post. The views, findings, beliefs, experiences, and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers’ own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.
- The owner of this blog would like to disclose the following existing relationships. These are companies, organizations or affiliates that may have provided payment, product, or service to this blog or its writer: Shoot Fly Shoot, Joss and Main, Martha’s Circle, Blueprint Social, Social Spark, Society South, Hello Society, Skimlinks, nRelate, Passionfruit Ads.
That. Was. Joyful. Wasn’t it? But now that it’s out of the way, I hope you enjoy The Ugly Duckling House. And don’t forget to tell your friends!
P.S. Disclaimer pages are always a bore to write and to read. I am totally fine with you using my disclaimer page as a template for our own, provided that you paraphrase and do not copy word for word. That still hurts both our Google rankings. No one wants that. So where you see “filtered,” try “monitored,” and so on. Get out that thesaurus and go to town on this biatch.