Last Friday, I showed you a method for trying to straighten out a board that had warped in my car over my lunch break.
I put the board on my (very dusty – try to ignore it) floor in the study-o (aka the storage room), concave side up, with paint cans on either end to counter the curve. After a couple of days, I checked the board. While the board was definitely flatter, it wasn’t straight. So I flipped the board over to concave side down, paint cans on top again, and waited another couple of days. Don’t worry – I had grad school papers to write to kill time ;)
And… success! Board is about as flat as an old soda.
Next up, it’s time to start measuring and mapping out all of the paint sticks I collected. I’ll admit, I was a little lazy cutting off the handles and didn’t measure well. So I may have to make a few adjustments, but for now it’s fun to play around with the potential design. Pictured here: herringbone and something I like to call “wild hair” – basically just throwing them down in a non-repeating pattern.
And I really underestimated the amount that I’ll need. Guess I’m heading back to Home Depot for more!