That’s right – it’s time once again to stop pinning all of those projects you say you “can’t wait to do”, put on your big girl panties, and actually cross one of them off the to-do list!
Let’s talk about this challenge for a sec: the idea here is to take something you’ve pinned on one of your Pinterest boards, complete it by next week, and then be ready to share it with me (and the other hosts) in one or all of the link parties that the four of us will host on the same day on our blogs. You’ll get a chance to showcase your project, check out mine, check out the other hosts’ projects, and maybe even find new inspiration (or Pin-spiration, ha!) from another participant. It’s one great big share-fest and we all walk away feeling like we accomplished something.
The date for the Pinterest Challenge: Fall Edition linkup is Tuesday, October 30th. Again, that’s only a week (October has gone by lightning fast!), so you better get started!
And as for the project you pick? It can basically be anything: cooking, crafting, decor – it’s your choice (but no sponsored posts or giveaways please). No project is too big or too small – just remember to link to the original source and show us your big bad creative self. When all is said and done, I’ll pick some of my favorites from the party – and they might even wind up pinned to my Pinterest boards (yes, it’s a vicious cycle). The other hosts will do the same, so be sure to check out their posts and boards, too!
Speaking of hosts, this edition’s throwdown is put together by none other than:
- me! I can hardly believe I’m even in this picture with this amazing and talented group!
- bacon connoisseur and Pinterest Challenge Founder, Katie, from Bower Power
- über blogger Sherry, from Young House Love
- and fellow guest host Carmel, from Our Fifth House, who did this amazing door makeover during the summer challenge
My last project during the Pinterest Challenge: Summer Edition was my gold leaf map art for the study-o. This time around, I have so many ideas rumbling through my brain for what to do, I’m having a hard time deciding. I think the one I want to do most is spruce up my front porch with a custom-made outdoor storage bench – especially since the floor is looking so snazzy with a new gray paint makeover.
- Most of the inspiration comes from this IKEA design.
- But I’ll probably use plenty of tips and ideas from these plans from Ana White.
- I’m also really like this upholstered version. Maybe I can build a roll-up cushion to go on top that could also be stored on the inside when not in use.
- These weatherproof box box plans from HGTV put the frame on the outside.
- This Better Homes version extends the top on either side for more of a bench look.
- And this Martha Stewart version shows a great way to prop up the lid.
I’ve been doodling plans for over a week now and I can already tell that my power drill trigger finger is itching to get started.
So, what are you waiting for? Get ‘er done! Be sure to post about your project (we’d love it if you could include the Pinterest Challenge: Fall Edition banner above with links back to our sites) and come back here to share it on next Tuesday, October 30th. Then hop around to the other co-hosts and see what they’ve been up to as well.
Oh, and I almost forgot: Pinterest isn’t sponsoring this or anything, just in case you are new to the challenge and were wondering. It’s simply a kooky, fun way to get our butts off the blog and motivate us to get a project finished. Good luck, and happy pinning! I can’t wait to see what you’ve come up with!