Disclosure: this post may contain affiliate links, which means I may make a commission if you decide to make a purchase through one of my links, at no cost to you.
Happy Monday, folks. After a week of no posting, I’m anxious to give you guys some updates. But, since this:
…is currently going on outside of my house right now, there isn’t much time between chainsaw noises, yelling, and dog barks (that are also setting off my neighbor’s car alarm) to form coherent sentences. So, just a few quick details about what to expect this week:
1. Obviously, the chainsaw means that the tree service I selected last month is hard at work turning my back yard into a much sunnier area. I’m trying to both stay out of their way and simultaneously take photos for you during the process (every time one of the larger sections is taken down, it shakes the house and scares the crap out of Charlie). But HECK YEAH! More sun! Less brown! And just in time for things to start warming up. It will be fun figuring out what to plant back there and do with the space once it’s all done.
2. After a bout of food poisoning last week (which was really, really bad, and also the reason for the lack of posts), I had very little time to finish up some of the stuff I slated on the calendar for February. Which means I’m that much more excited to get some updates out to you this week.
3. Thankfully, I managed to recover in just enough time to take a quick trip to San Francisco for a media summit planned at the end of last week. It was an in-and-out thing, so I didn’t really see any sights, but it was gorgeous and a wonderful break from all of the freezing cold temps in Georgia (which have already started warming up again… per the usual for wacky weather in this state). Really looking forward to having an excuse to go back again, so if you have any suggestions for what to see next time, I’m all ears!
4. I’ve still got to share February’s small DIY project (here’s January’s), but have also started working on March. This one might get a little nerdy.
5. I have been trying for MONTHS to finalize the new blog design, and am still unable to make a final decision on the layout (or rather, have time to focus on finalizing it). But, since design is always a little fun, I’m writing up a post where you can see some of the MANY variations of what the new UDH logo has been looking like behind the scenes. There are quite a few, so it will be fun to also see what you think of them.
That’s it for now. Even if the trees are the only things that truly get done this week, it will be tons of work completed—literally.