An easy, but elegant appetizer. You can easily use two sheets of puff pastry and double the other ingredients to make enough for a crowd.
- 1 sheet puff pastry (found in the freezer section)
- 2 Tablespoons pesto
- About 5 thin slices of prosciutto
- 3/4 cup finely grated mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- roll puff pastry on lightly floured surface to an approximate 10″ x 12″ rectangle
- Spread pastry with pesto, staying about 1/2″ away from one of the long edges
- Lay a single layer of prosciutto over the whole thing
- Top with mozzarella and then Parmesan cheeses, and then pat everything down with your hands.
- Starting with long edge (the one with pesto all the way to the edge) roll up, keeping the roll as tight as possible.
- Pinch the edges to seal.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and freeze for about 20 minutes.
- Unwrap, trim uneven ends and then slice into 18-20 slices, using a serrated knife.
- Bake on parchment paper lined baking sheet at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes.