This bubbly Moscow mule has a hint of cranberry, spice, and mint, making it an excellent option for festive winter gatherings.
- 2 oz. vodka
- 3–4 oz. ginger beer
- 1/2 oz. spiced cranberry simple syrup or 1.5–2 oz. 100% cranberry juice
- juice of 1/2 lime (cut up other half into wedges for garnish)
- dry champagne (or prosecco) for topping
- 2–3 mint leaves, more for garnish
- 8–10 cranberries
- Mix mint leaves against ice in copper mug to release a little minty-ness (not quite “muddling” because I don’t have a muddler, but it releases just a hint of the flavor).
- Add vodka, ginger beer, spiced cranberry syrup juice, lime juice, and top with champagne.
- Stir and add cranberries and a small lime wedge or mint as garnish.
The spiced cranberry simple syrup adds a hint of sweetness compared to the cranberry juice, but I prefer it because of the spicier flavor (it’s up to you). You can also simmer the juice on the stove and add additional spices of allspice, star anise, cloves, cinnamon, etc. to make a simple syrup (I may do this in the future if I’m throwing a party).
The more cocktails you drink, the easier this is to mix mint against ice. 😂
To make this drink virgin as a mocktail, substitute lime soda instead of the vodka & champs.
- Category: drinks
Keywords: cranberry, cocktail, vodka