These Czechoslovakian cookies are a crumbly, sweet cookie bar that we make every Christmas. It’s an easy crowd pleaser and perfect for a cookie swap.
- 1/2 lb. softened butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 to 1 cup strawberry jam
- Mix all ingredients well. Take half of the mixture and layer in a greased 9 x 11 pan.
- Spread half of the jam on top, over the dough layer.
- Spread the remaining dough on top of the jam layer.
- Add remaining jam, spreading thinly.
- Top lightly with more chopped nuts.
- Bake at 350 º for 1 hour.
- Cut into squares & place on rack to cool.
Pecans are an excellent substitute for walnuts if you have a preference.
- Category: dessert