These crostini with roasted cherry tomatoes and herbed goat cheese are not only beautiful appetizers, but they’re also so easy!
- 1 french baguette, sliced and toasted
- 4 oz goat cheese
- 2 oz cream cheese
- 1 t fresh rosemary, chopped
- 4–5 basil leaves, chopped
- zest of 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 t kosher salt
- red pepper flakes to taste
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 t olive oil
- 1/2 t kosher salt
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- freshly ground black pepper
- drizzle of balsamic vinegar(optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Mash goat cheese and next 6 ingredients together until well-blended. Cover and chill for 1 hour.
- Toss tomato halves in remaining ingredients (except balsamic vinegar) and spread on baking sheet, cut side up, in a single layer. Roast 30-40 minutes.
- Let toast and tomatoes cool to room temperature.
- Spread goat cheese mixture on toasted bread. Top with a spoonful of tomato mixture. Garnish with more fresh herbs and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar if desired.