This herbed goat cheese crostini with roasted cherry tomatoes recipe makes not only beautiful appetizers, but they’re also so easy!
Hey there! It’s Pam and Sara, popping in again from Biscuits & Burlap. Did you know The Ugly Duckling House was delving into the foodie world? We’re so exciting to be sharing some of our favorite recipes with all Sarah’s readers! If you missed our official introduction (including some of our readers’ favorite recipes) definitely check it out. Our first post brought you Limoncello Cucumber Coolers and it’s not too late to make them before the summer heat dies down!
This week we’re bringing you a scrumptious crostini with herbed goat cheese and roasted cherry tomatoes. These crostini are not only beautiful appetizers, but they’re also so easy!
What is a “crostini”?
Crostini are one of my favorite appetizers to take to a party because they’re so easy and versatile! Basically, a crostini is anything on top of a little piece of toasted bread. In this case, we used slices of French baguette.
Can you get enough goat cheese? I’m telling you, I could live off of this stuff. Herbed goat cheese is something we make at home when we need a quick appetizer (like when the neighbors stop by unexpectedly!) and it really is one of my favorite spreads.
We usually mix the goat cheese with cream cheese, olive oil, lemon zest, crushed red pepper, salt, and whatever fresh herbs we have on hand. Mash it all together and spread it on the toasted bread. Instant delicious appetizer!
Today we’re taking it a step farther by topping that creamy goat cheese mixture with sweet roasted cherry tomatoes. Cut your cherry tomatoes in half and toss them in olive oil, kosher salt, freshly round black pepper, and garlic. Roast them cut side up for 30-40 minutes. Let the tomatoes cool before spooning them on top of the prepared crostini. Delish!
Looking for more ideas? Here are some other tasty crostini toppings!
- Seasoned cream cheese with leftover Thanksgiving turkey and cranberry sauce
- Guacamole and esquites (Mexican corn salad)
- Horseradish sauce and thinly sliced cajun beef tenderloin
Herbed Goat Cheese Crostini with Roasted Cherry Tomatoes
These crostini with roasted cherry tomatoes and herbed goat cheese are not only beautiful appetizers, but they’re also so easy!
- 1 french baguette, sliced and toasted
- 4 oz goat cheese
- 2 oz cream cheese
- 1 t fresh rosemary, chopped
- 4-5 basil leaves, chopped
- zest of 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 t kosher salt
- red pepper flakes to taste
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 t olive oil
- 1/2 t kosher salt
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- freshly ground black pepper
- drizzle of balsamic vinegar(optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Mash goat cheese and next 6 ingredients together until well-blended. Cover and chill for 1 hour.
- Toss tomato halves in remaining ingredients (except balsamic vinegar) and spread on baking sheet, cut side up, in a single layer. Roast 30-40 minutes.
- Let toast and tomatoes cool to room temperature.
- Spread goat cheese mixture on toasted bread. Top with a spoonful of tomato mixture. Garnish with more fresh herbs and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar if desired.
What else do you like to put on crostini?