These sugar cookies keep their shape and make nice crisp lines, making them perfect for cookie decorating with lots of icing!
- 480 grams flour
- 1 c. sugar (200g)
- 60 grams cornstarch
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 2 eggs at room temp
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup room temp unsalted butter (226g)
- Sift flour, cornstarch, salt. Wisk together.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add one egg at a time.
- Add vanilla.
- Add all the flour mixture.
- Roll out the dough on plastic wrap 1/4-1/8 inch thick and chill for 20 minutes before cutting.
- Chill again for 10-15 minutes after cutting out cookies before baking.
- Bake 375° for 12(ish) minutes (will depend on your oven and thickness)
Be sure to chill them before cutting or baking to help them keep their shape!
Keywords: sugar cookies, cookie decorating