Disclosure: this post may contain affiliate links, which means I may make a commission if you decide to make a purchase through one of my links, at no cost to you.
1. Take a long, hot bath in my newly remodeled primary bath. This is a big ‘un for me, folks. I’m determined to have a picture of my toes relaxing in my small tub (with freshly painted surroundings). And if you’re on The Ugly Duckling House Facebook page, you know I’ve already been working on getting a few of the bathroom to-dos done.
2. Have family and friends over for a nice meal thanks to a newly remodeled dining room (this one is something I consider one of the easier projects).
3. Create my chalkboard wall for the kitchen.
4. Another big one: remodel the kitchen. I have the paint picked out, the countertop budget waiting to be completed and a game plan ready to go. This is all about timing the execution just right around my new school schedule.
5. Finish up the trim on the exterior (soo close to getting this done in 2011, but I’ll have to officially declare it in 2012 instead).
6. Build my study-o desk.
7. Build a dog house for Charlie so she’s comfy in and out of the house.
8. Finish the staircase with a runner down the middle.
9. Guest room completion (including a mattress for the bed – bet you forgot I’ve only got the frame so far!).
10. Paint the front stoop slab and seal the stonework to really finish off the front.
That’s only ten projects that I can think up (which took less than five minutes), but there are loads more that I’d really like to do, such as repainting the living room and putting up my gallery wall. Ten is good for now, and two of these items are so big (the primary bath & kitchen) that I’d be happy if that’s all I got done for 2012. But let’s aim higher anyway, what do you say?
What are your 2012 goals for your home? Anyone else tackling a bath remodel or a kitchen?