This post may contain affiliate links. This won’t change your price, but may share some commission. Read my full disclosure here.
Things I hate…
- Sticky hands. Hated them since I was a baby. No joke, if they got dirty, I’d follow my father around holding my hands over my head, opening and closing them to indicate that there was something on them, so then he’d wash them for me. I think my mom even has a video of it on my first birthday, doing the traditional slice of cake smash, then it promptly dawns on me, oh wait…
- Misspelling my first name. Funny that I don’t mind if people forget it entirely, but spelling it wrong has me seeing red (especially in email correspondence – I mean, my signature with correct spelling is right there)…
- Mouth noises. All of them. No teeth sucking, gum smacking, whistling, or whispering around me please. Being in a quiet office environment for most of my day kinda makes these little annoyances more like HUGE bothersome traits.
- Using cute words like “bee-tee-dubs” (BTW), “wifey”, or baby-talking adults (especially when there are no kids around).
- Knocking over the glass of water that I forgot was on my nightstand.
- Resetting my alarm when I’m half-asleep only to wake up and realize that I accidentally reset the clock. Then being really, really late.
- People asking me if I am feeling well when I feel perfectly fine. Because it’s really their way of saying I look unusually unkempt and blotchy today.
- Realizing that the above three things happened on the same day.
Things I love…
- The smell of eucalyptus and chamomile.
- Forehead/temple massages. I will choose a spa facial over a body massage every time. And, although it’s kind of embarrassing to say, drawing on my back. I’ve loved it ever since I was little.
- Using cute words like “hubs” or “awesomesauce”
- The kind of sleep I get during a thunderstorm.
- Having tons of creative ideas bouncing around in my head, even though I’ll probably never get around to doing them all.
- That feeling of pure glee when I’m in a new country/city for the first time.
- Finding money in a winter coat after the first cold snap of fall.
- Thinking about a song or movie and serendipitously finding that it’s on the radio or TV.
- Seeing new and encouraging comments on old posts that I spent a lot of time working on and worrying whether people even read this drivel (and laughing at myself that I had to make sure it was “drivel” and not “dribble”).
- Knowing that I still have some leftover pizza in the fridge. And strawberry ice cream with big, fat chunks of fruit in it in the freezer.
- Wearing white and not spilling anything on it for a whole day. It almost never happens, so I appreciate it that much more when I manage to rock this.
- Three day weekends.
- Scalp massages from my hair stylist that almost make me do a fake dog-like leg twitch.
- Hearing Charlie quietly snore inside her crate. And getting imaginary whiffs of puppy smell during the day when I’m at work.
Did you enjoy this post? Please subscribe to get the latest updates delivered to your reader or inbox for free!