This post may contain affiliate links. This won’t change your price, but may share some commission. Read my full disclosure here.
Today is one of those kinds of crazy days where I’ve committed to doing six more things than is at all logical, so we’re just going to have a completely hodgepodge kind of post today to match. But somehow, as it does most of the time, things will get done.
Maybe not without a little more stress, but it will get done.
Even if I have to slap someone, it will get done.
And then I’ll have fried shrimp tacos, and all will be right with the world.
At least I finished putting in the last piece of tile in the kitchen last night. Which of course, wasn’t without its hiccups. For example, the light was already disappearing by the time I got home through traffic, so I simply had to jump right in. Wearing this:
I was pretty proud of myself for keeping my tights hole-less and my black dress relatively tile particle free. I got all my cuts complete and began tiling, which was going pretty smoothly. By 8:30pm, the sun was already down and I was about to install my very. last. tile (hooray!). When, through sheer whatthefuck-ness, the tile just bounced up and off of the stove, then tumbled to the ground. I swear, I touched nothing, and the tile just up and committed some type of -cide that I’m not even sure how to define.
Which would be fine, if it weren’t a precisely-cut tile to fit into the final spot. Which meant getting out the tile saw again and probably annoying my neighbors once more. I love DIY, but the obvious stigma of being “that” house isn’t lost on me. I’m the noisy one that everyone wishes would just go to bed already.
But, like I said… it gets done. And I was finally finished. Time for grout this weekend!
I also stumbled onto this post yesterday and laughed my ass off; I too have seen those magazine articles showing off celebrity purse contents and couldn’t help but wonder, “why aren’t they showing what’s actually in her bag?” If they were to look at mine, they would know that the purse of a DIY blogger might also include:
- one 3 x 6″ white ceramic tile (from when I went to every tile supplier nearby to color match my original choice with the replacement)
- 243 paint swatches that I always collect on every trip to the hardware store and will never wind up actually using (because they’re there, they’re free, and also simply pretty)
- 3 wooden paint sticks (also because they are free; I’m hoarding them as though I’ll do something with them all in one great big project someday)
- mail that I haven’t sorted through, including the latest furniture catalog teaser from West Elm
- 6 home improvement store receipts (because it’s tax time, and that shit is important enough not to throw away, but not important enough to remove from my purse, which then gets promptly crumpled and a piece of gum stuck to)
- a cabinet hinge
- screws (because why put them in a logical place for safe keeping when they can just jab you in the finger when you dig for your change?)
- business cards from the last blogger meet-up, including an entire stack of my own that are now getting damaged from floating around in my purse (great first impression, Sarah)
- deodorant (I run around all day, it’s just basically the best spot for it if I forget in the morning)
- 2 SD memory cards for my camera with the latest photos for posts
- one camera strap
You know… totally normal. And not at all heavy.
Finally, I’m hopping on a plane on Saturday, bound for Scottsdale/Phoenix again. Looks like I’m doing another challenge with SheKnowsTV! This time, it’s a living room challenge, but I don’t think I’m allowed to share any other details for a little while. Be sure to check Instagram for the latest sneak peeks. And I’ll actually remember my SD card this time (hey hey! two in the purse already!) so that I can take lots of behind-the-scenes photos for a good recap.
Have a GREAT weekend!