This post may contain affiliate links. This won’t change your price, but may share some commission. Read my full disclosure here.
This week, I’ve been completely high on the getting-it-dones. Not only had my dad and I done the first round of scooping mud onto the drywall panels in his dining room, but I’d actually managed to get the grout finished in my kitchen in the same weekend.
BOOM. And I also sealed the grout around the stove, which meant I could finally shimmy her back into her rightful place along the wall. Like a real kitchen or something.
I need to do a little cleaning on the stovetop, and then it’s Pancake City.
Not only was that part of my productive weekend, but this week has been going by in a flash too – thus the lateness of my Dueling DIY post (I’ve been at the dentist twice in the last week. As we type, half of my face is still numb & I sound drunk when I speak).
Carrie beat me to the posting, for ONCE (hey, it’s not dueling DIY unless there’s a little smack talk! Hell, she even flat-out called me a b!tch in her update. Snap. Guess I’ll have to flash my gleaming tiled kitchen-y goodness again:
Sorry, what’s that? Can’t hear you. I’ve got finish line in my ears.)
And I even caulked between the kitchen counter and tile. Like some insanely productive elves just invaded the house this week and got all of these little things done.
But, as I began: I was high on the getting-it-dones. I was calling dentists, and refilling prescriptions, and getting taxes filed, and crossing the “caulk everything in the kitchen” tasks off my list (I’ve been shocked at the amount of productivity I can have when I’m not spending 2+ hours per day commuting to and from work!). Or so I thought, because then I saw the same caulk this morning.
The caulk freaking yellowed overnight. Cue the sad trombone. And the tube itself even brags about how this can’t possibly happen. I called the manufacturer (because I’ve used Dap products all over this house and never once had an issue like this, so something must be up) and explained the situation; they’ve put me in touch with one of their experts to get to the bottom of it (we’ve already hypothesized & ruled out several things, like the mineral oil treatment on the counter, done some comparison testing, etc.). I’ll let you know how all of that goes in a follow up post, and I’m also working on a general caulking post about filling the gap between a tile backsplash and an oiled countertop (since that presents its own challenges, like painters tape not sticking, thus having to find other ways of getting a straight line).
But, aside from that small step backward, let’s enjoy the great big steps forward one more time. Before:
And of course, all of your kitchen progress! Link up, folks. More productivity is just what this week needs.