This post may contain affiliate links. This won’t change your price, but may share some commission. Read my full disclosure here.
Hey guys! It’s been a while since we last ran a giveaway, but LARSON Doors came to me a few weeks ago and asked about sponsoring a giveaway for one of their popular storm doors to one lucky reader. And since a close friend of mine was just talking to me about needing a new one herself (and we’re heading into the rainy spring season soon enough), it seemed like perfect timing (I promise though, winners are chosen completely at random, so no playing favorites here… sorry L!).
You guys might recall a long while ago, I actually removed the craptastic and ankle-chewing old storm door that existed on my front door before I spruced up the exterior. Here is the before:
And here is what it looks like these days (ahem, well not right now… I haven’t bought new flowers for the front this season!)… note to self: take a wider-angle shot this spring.
I probably should have looked into just replacing the storm door with a new one back then—especially since these updated models like the Premier Classic Elegance Easy Vent® with Retractable Screen Away® (the one I’m giving away!) seem like they have quite a lot of nifty features, including some possible energy savings:
- Two-color-matched adjustable speed closers. The bottom closer features a Hold-Open button that holds the storm door open with a tap of your toe.
- Add Low-E glass for increased energy efficiency. The high performance Low-E glass option will help reduce your household energy costs and increase the comfort of your home. Low-E glass reduces the amount of UV light that enters your home and protects your entry from fading.
- Full glass design allows maximum natural light into home
- Maintenance-free aluminum frame and overlapping edge seals out harsh weather and provides a tight seal to keep out drafts
- Double weatherstripping delivers superior weather protection
- Designer screw covers conceal exterior screws for a finished look
- Decorative lever handle includes a built-in keyed deadbolt lock
And if you take this totally-not-staged guy modeling his superfly popped collar into consideration, it looks pretty easy to hang for a DIY project as well (hehe, sorry, couldn’t help myself!):
LARSON actually even offered to provide me with a storm door of my own to try out, but after moving and replacing the doorbell and making a few other cosmetic changes to the front, adding a storm door back into the mix would have meant moving everything back once more. And um… since I’m much lazier than that, I would rather just let you guys get one and brag all about how much more equipped for Mother Nature you are than I am because of my vanity. So, let’s get on with it, shall we?
Leave a comment on this post and update the Rafflecopter widget below that you did the one and only thing I require to enter one of my giveaways. I love it when you guys make these entries fun for me to read, so let’s go with this question: are you the type who sleeps like a rock during storms (uh, me!), or are you the type who spends the entire night barking and/or whining out of worry (Charlie, obviously)?
- Prize: One (1) LARSON Premier Classic Elegance Easy Vent® with Retractable Screen Away®
- Number of winners: One (1)… technically I guess if you had a family that lived in your house with you, you all get to benefit from the door equally, but one entry per email address ;)
- Giveaway ends: Let’s make it a week from today, March 17th at 11:59 PM EST… I’ll be wearing green.
- Geographical restrictions: sorry, continental U.S. only
- Yes, you have to leave a comment. Or don’t, but if you don’t, you probably won’t win. I check them because I’d much rather reward a reader (usually giveaway jumpers don’t stop to leave a comment, so that seems to help your chances!).
- Please update the Rafflecopter widget to confirm you’ve left a comment. Winner will be chosen at random via the widget auto-generator.
Ready, and… GO! Good luck!
a Rafflecopter giveaway