Disclosure: this post may contain affiliate links, which means I may make a commission if you decide to make a purchase through one of my links, at no cost to you.
So, here I am, randomly sipping my morning coffee and reading through a few blogs, and I find out I’ve won an award from Heather at Decor4Poor. Woo hoo!
I must say, out of the blogs I read, I didn’t expect it from her – I didn’t expect it at all – but what I mean to say is I didn’t expect to get such a shout out when I was completely and totally rude to her. Lemme explain.
I made this post a few months ago about a pallet that Scott had randomly picked up for me. Isn’t he sweet? Most people would look at it like “he just brought trash home, and you think it’s sweet?”, but I’ve been wanting to do something with weathered, worn wood, so pallet wood is perfect for revamping into something beautiful.
When I posted about it, Heather sent a few awesome, inspiring pics to start me off. My favorite is the pallet-turned-desk approach. Creative re-use, isn’t it?
For the most part, I respond to comments and questions on the post they came from for a number of reasons. For one, most people have “firstname.lastname@example.org” as the email address which makes it impossible to reply directly to the comment (those reading, please check your profile settings – many of you have this!). Secondly, in case someone else had the same question, I think of replying on the post as a way to proactively answer it for the next person. And finally, replying to the post on the post is convenient. I may be lazy, but at least I’m honest.
But, none of these excuse my rudeness to Heather. Because it took me more than two months before I realized I hadn’t responded to her email. Shame on me. I know, in the blog world, this is inexcusable laziness, and I sent her an apology.
So, back to my point (before I started on my tangent like I tend to do) – I got a Stylish Blogger Award.
To receive this award, there are a few rules, so I am using this post to comply:
- Thank the person that gave it to you (Grazie
mille, domoarigato, danke schoen, Heather).
- Write 7 things about yourself.
- Give the award to other bloggers that you like and let them know. (Done and done).
Seven Things About Myself:
1. I enjoy watching Scott play RPG video games. To me, they are like an interactive movie where I get to order the main character around. I don’t actually play any on my own.
2. As much as I love working on my home and am whole hog DIY, I don’t actually watch much HGTV. Three shows I like a lot but take up space on my DVR because I don’t keep up: Dear Genevieve, Professional Grade, and (newly discovered when the DVR thought it was a DG episode) Disaster DIY.
3. Most of my pet peeves are about mouth noises: chewing with your mouth open, smacking gum, whispering so softly all I can hear are the snakelike sssp sssp sssp sounds, slurping, that smackety-smack noise when people are disagreeing (usually followed by “…man,”)… all of it, it drives. me. crazy. Even whistling. It’s creepy and always reminds me of horror movies (watch Fallen to know what I’m talking about).
4. I prefer salty and buttery to sugary. Gotta have my carbs!
5. I just bought another piece of furniture. Actually, two. Posting next week about ’em :)
6. Last book I read: Girl With The Dragon Tatoo. I’ve owned it for two years. I regret waiting so long – excellent book! The author has two more in the series, and I plan to get to them ASAP… just as soon as I get another room in the house livable.
7. I still haven’t done anything to that darn pallet.
Have a great weekend, everyone! Lots of things coming up for the last week of November – time to get my craft on!