Disclosure: this post may contain affiliate links, which means I may make a commission if you decide to make a purchase through one of my links, at no cost to you.
Today marks the 6-month anniversary of the first official day of living in my new house. Even though my closing took place at the end of December of 2009, my apartment lease did not end until January 22, which gave Scott and I nearly four full weeks of time to clean, prep, and move into our new home.
So, in honor of this 6-month marker, I would like to take the time today to reflect on all of our accomplishments thus far in our home remodeling progress:
1. First, we cleaned and painted the ceiling. The carpet was shampooed, and the air vents were cleaned out.
2. I bought new appliances for the kitchen, and painted the pantry.
3. I painted the living room and hallways. Twice. Then we painted the trim and installed 2″ faux wood blinds.
4. We added a gate to the backyard fence to allow for Colby to run around without having to search for him around the neighborhood.
5. We installed two new smoke/carbon monoxide detectors, and replaced every light switch in the house.
7. We managed to paint the tallest walls in our house (the hallway stairs) without breaking any bones.
10. I created large holes in my walls. I then learned how to patch large holes in my walls.
Phew. I’m tired and happy, but there’s still so much more to be done. Many thanks go out to all of the help, patience, and advice I’ve been given over these last six months. And even more thanks for all of the help, patience and advice to come in the next six! This is sure to be one busy summer, so be sure to keep checking in with me as we continue to navigate through the tricky (but fun) adventure of home remodeling!