Finding motivation can be hard. No question. Especially when you’ve been working on a project for far longer than what’s reasonable. And when you have a dog thwarting your every move at keeping the stairs clean and ready for the next coat of paint.
Kit has been working on her donkey barn this weekend (and what she’s accomplished in just a few short days is incredible), so I wasn’t expecting her to pay much attention to our challenge this week. But the challenge has done wonders for me making progress on these stairs!
My remedy for scrounging up additional motivation to finish the stairs has been the following:
- Listen to a very long playlist to keep me strutting around the room.
- Paint the walls nearby to make me think I’m getting a lot accomplished (that back wall is the most recent update on that, and I’m loving the new, brighter color).
- Reward myself with beer.
Fortunately, that extra push turned into is this:
Yeah buddy. Here’s the view directly from the front door (since the stairs are pretty much the first thing you see):
I’m keeping this post short and sweet this week. Mostly just because I have an exam (tonight) and think that these pics are going to do a fine job of saying plenty for me. I still have a few more things to do:
- add one more coat of black paint to every other step & rip off the last of the painters tape
- paint the bottom of the newel post (I’d been waiting to make this call once the stairs were painted, so I could get a better feel of whether there was something missing. Yeah, there definitely is)
- finish painting the walls
- add a runner up the stairs
- prime and re-hang the banister that was knocked off the wall when I first moved in (you can see one of the large holes in the wall from it being ripped out)